Chicken Bacon Pasta with Tomato Sauce
This Chicken Bacon Pasta with Tomato Sauce is delicious, saucy, cheesy, creamy and best of all it can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 12 oz pasta uncooked, use pasta of your choice
- 8 oz bacon chopped (about 8 slices)
- 8 oz chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces (1 large)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp sriracha or any other hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Add the bacon to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat until it starts to render fat.
Add the chicken, onion and garlic to the skillet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and sriracha. Add the sour cream and stir. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to a low. Stir in the pasta and the mozzarella cheese. Make sure all the pasta is covered in the cheese and sauce.
Remove from heat, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.
Sour cream can be replaced with half and half or heavy cream.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1.5mg