Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic for a reason, packed full of flaky tuna and creamy mushroom soup, this dinner is ready in a flash! Get ready to fall in love with casseroles all over again, and for good reason.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 4 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 10 oz light tuna in water 2 cans 5 oz each
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs such as panko
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 F°. Combine the topping ingredients and set aside.
Cook the noodles according to package directions for al dente. Add the frozen peas during the last minute of cooking; drain and set aside.
Saute the sauteables: Heat the 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet and cook the onion and celery until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Assemble the casserole: In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion and celery mixture, milk and salt. Add the noodles and peas and toss to combine.
Bake: Transfer the noodle mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish, coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the topping ingredients evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- If stored properly, in an airtight container, tuna casserole can last 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator, which makes a perfect lunch for the next day!
- The great thing about this casserole is that you can easily freeze it before or after it’s cooked. If you’re freezing it before cooking it, make sure you store it securely in an airtight container. To cook it, just thaw it out overnight in the fridge overnight before placing in the oven.
- If you want to freeze a baked casserole, let it cool completely before wrapping it and freezing it. Whether you freeze the casserole cooked or uncooked they can last for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 693IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2mg