Easy Hamburger Soup
This Easy Hamburger Soup is about to enter your weekly rotation, it's packed full of flavor and hearty ingredients, freezes terrifically, and is super affordable!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 28 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute the sauteables: In a large Dutch oven or soup pot add the ground beef, onion, garlic, celery, carrots and cook until the meat is browned and the onion has softened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Combine the soup: Add the potatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together until combined.
Finish the dish: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Store leftover soup in airtight containers and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. It will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge or 4 to 6 months in the freezer.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2301IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 5mg