Cheesy Chicken Pasta
This Cheesy Chicken Pasta is the perfect dinner any night of the week. It's packed with creamy, rich, cheesy goodness, with some tender chicken and spinach to balance everything out! Only 10 minutes of prep time and all done in one pot!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounce penne uncooked (2 1/2 cups)
- 2½ cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounce spinach fresh (about 3 cups)
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Saute the onion: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook till translucent.
Brown the chicken: Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper and cook through until browned. Stir in the garlic and cook till aromatic for about 1 minute.
Combine the cheesy chicken pasta: Add the pasta, chicken broth, milk, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Uncover and if there’s any more liquid cook for another 5 minutes or until all the liquid has cooked off.
Finish the dish: Remove from heat, stir in the cream cheese till creamy and melted. Add the spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stir until all the cheese melts and the spinach wilts. Serve while warm.
Serve while warm.
- This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. You can freeze this dish for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- To reheat just remove the dish from its airtight container and place in a baking dish covered with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F degrees till reheated through, around 20 – 30 minutes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 748kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 842mg | Potassium: 1213mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6020IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 472mg | Iron: 3.5mg