Peanut Butter Cookies
These classic Peanut Butter Cookies are so simple to make, and you always end up with delicious, soft and chewy cookies. With this no-fail recipe, these will soon become your family's favorite go-to cookie!
- 1 cup peanut butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar granulated
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Make Peanut Butter Mixture: To the bowl of your mixer, add the peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and beat on high speed using the paddle attachment until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg, until combined.
Add Dry Ingredients: Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl and beat on medium until well combined.
Shape: Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Using the tines of a fork, flatten the balls by making criss cross marks on top. You should be able to fit about 18 per baking sheet.
Bake: Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are light brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. I always line them with parchment paper and this way there’s no cleaning required afterwards!
- Make sure to leave enough space between the cookies on the tray so they have room to "breathe". If you stick them too close together, the cookies may end up sticking together and making one large cookie mess!
- For really long-term storage, tuck a slice of bread in the container along with the cookies. The cookies will stay moist and chewy by absorbing the moisture from the bread.
- Make sure you DO NOT over bake your cookies. Keep in mind that they will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 62mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.3mg