Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic for a reason. They are the perfectly chewey, chocolatey, ooey gooey, answer to those intense sweet tooth cravings.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed light
- 2 medium eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
Combine the dry ingredients: Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
Make cookie dough: Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce speed and mix in the eggs, then add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. To keep from over mixing, use a spatula instead of your mixer.
Bake the cookies: Fold in chocolate chips by hand. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. If dough is chilled, remove dough from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Drop spoonfuls ( 2 - 3 tablespoons) of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Note: the butter in the ingredients picture is not melted, because it quickly solidifies, so I didn't melt it until I made the cookies, but please use melted butter.
- Be sure to store these in an airtight container at room temperature and your chocolate chip cookies will last for 2 – 3 weeks! This will ensure you keep the cookies soft and will prevent them from turning hard. If you don’t have an airtight container, add a slice of bread which will keep them soft. It works the same way as you do with brown sugar.
- Chocolate chip cookies are perfect for freezing. You can either wrap them individually or place them together in an airtight container. They will last in the freezer for 3 months, just warm them back up in the oven and enjoy.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, this solidifies the fats in the dough, keeping them from spreading too much when baking.
- You can refrigerate cookie dough for 3 to 5 days.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg