Instant Pot Corned Beef
This Instant Pot Corned Beef makes an age old labor intensive meal that much more accessible! Everyone should be able to enjoy the savory, tender, complex deliciousness that is corned beef, all from the comfort of your own kitchen!
- 5 lb corned beef with pickling spice
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 14.9 oz Guinness beer 1 can
- salt and pepper to taste optional
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 lbs red potatoes scrubbed, quartered
Rinse the corned beef with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
Place the onion, garlic in an Instant Pot®. Gently place brisket on top of the onion and sprinkle with the pickling spice. Pour with beer and beef broth, then add the bay leaves. You can also season with salt and pepper at this time, but it's not really needed, as the corned beef is already salty. Select the manual setting on the Instant Pot®; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 90 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
Remove the corned beef from the Instant Pot® and transfer to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let it rest until the potatoes are done. Remove and discard onion mixture, reserving the cooking liquid in the Instant Pot®. Stir in potatoes and carrots.
Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set the time for 4 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain and serve with potatoes and carrots.
- Corned beef will keep fresh for 3 – 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To freeze just wrap the meat in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing for 2 months. Just be sure to thaw overnight in the fridge before warming in the oven.
Calories: 682kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 3600mg | Potassium: 1590mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4519IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 6mg