Cheesy Beef Quesadillas
These Cheesy Beef Quesadillas will satisfy anyone's Mexican craving! Super quick to put together, loaded with fresh ingredients and lots of bold flavors. Create that restaurant favorite right in your own home!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounce black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese shredded, white or yellow
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
Prepare beef: In a large skillet, over medium-high heat brown the beef, using a wooden spoon to break it into crumbles.
Combine toppings: Add the minced garlic and chopped onion to the skillet and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes or until softened. Next, add taco seasoning, tomato paste, black beans and 1 tbsp of water. Cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes.
Build quesadillas: Warm a large non-stick pan over medium heat with one teaspoon of oil. Place 1 tortilla into the pan and sprinkle cheese on half, followed by the beef mixture, then finished with more cheese. Fold the tortilla over and lightly fry on both sides until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Serve: Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with lime wedges and avocado or sour cream and salsa.
- Quesadillas will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you want to extend the shelf life you can freeze the quesadillas for up to 2 months. A helpful tip for storage, is placing the quesadillas on parchment paper before putting into containers or wrapping will be beneficial when it comes time to reheat!
Calories: 920kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 1108mg | Potassium: 1046mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 533mg | Iron: 6mg