Morning Glory Muffins
These easy and tasty Morning Glory Muffins are indeed, a glorious start to any day! Perfect for a sit down breakfast with your favourite cup of coffee, or for a quick, classic grab and go snack!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups carrots peeled and grated
- 1 large apple preferably tart, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds peeled
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
Preheat your oven to 375 F ° and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or lightly spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
In another bowl combine the raisins, carrots, apple, coconut, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
In a separate large bowl combine the eggs, oil, vanilla and orange juice. Add to this the flour mixture and stir using a spatula until combined, do not over mix. Add the fruits/nuts mixture and stir it in.
Spoon the muffin batter (I used an ice cream scoop) into the prepared muffin pan. Top wit h more sunflower seeds if preferred.
Bake the muffins for 25 to 28 minutes or until they're cooked through.
Let them cool for 5 minutes in their pan then transfer them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- The best way to store muffins, or any kind of quick breads, is to place them into a sealable bag and leave them at room temperature. This will keep them fresh for up to 3 days.
- Freezing any kind of muffin is pretty easy! Just wrap your muffins in aluminum foil, place them in a large freezer bag, or airtight container, and they will last up to 3 months. When it comes time to reheat, just simply place them in the microwave for a minute or until heated through.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 3661IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg