Peanut butter Blossoms
Amazingly soft and sugary these Peanut Butter Blossoms are loved by all! Soft, chewy, and studded with a chocolate kiss, this classic cookie is a holiday staple and trademark of any holiday cookie tray!
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 36 milk chocolate kisses
Preheat oven: To 375 F degrees, and remove wrappers from chocolate kisses if necessary.
Add wet ingredients: In the bowl of your mixer add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1 /3 cup of brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter - beat until fluffy. Next, add the egg, milk, and vanilla, and continue mixing until well incorporated.
Add dry ingredients: Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the mixer and continue beating until well incorporated.
Shape the dough: Using a small ice cream scoop or your clean hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the second portion of sugar before placing on an un-greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake: For 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Once removed from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the centre of each cookie; the cookie should crack around the edges.
Cool and enjoy: Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely (if you can!) before you dig in!
- Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature and they will last 2 - 3 weeks. This will also ensure that the cookies stay soft. If you don't have an airtight container, use a regular container and add a slice of bread in order to help the cookies stay soft! It will work the same way it does with brown sugar!
- Blossoms actually freeze exceptionally well! All you need to do is put all the cookies into a tightly sealed container and they will last in the freezer up to 3 months! Just warm them back up in the oven and you're good to go!
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg