This recipe is everything you need to know about making an Acai Bowl at home! Simple ingredients, even more simple to make, and absolutely delicious! You're definitely missing out if you haven't jumped on the bowl trend!
- 2 packets frozen acai berry (1 package is 100g)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium banana sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberries frozen
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut shredded or shaved
- 2 tbsp granola
To your blender add the acai packets, milk, banana, strawberries and blueberries. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
Top the bowl with your favorite fruits/berries, such as slices bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blacberries, chia seeds, coconut and some granole. Drizzle with honey and enjoy immediately.
- Sealed in a glass jar an acai bowl (smoothie portion) will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. I definitely don't recommend storing it will all the toppings as they will become mushy!
- To freeze, fill a glass jar about half way to the top with acai smoothie mixture, put a lid on and place it into the freezer. When ready to eat, remove from freezer to thaw overnight in the fridge, and then add toppings the next day when you're ready to eat!
- Stored properly in a sealed container or jar, acai smoothie mixture will last in the fridge for up to 3 months.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1mg