Best Ever Spinach Dip
What makes this the BEST Ever Spinach Dip? Loads of spinach, artichokes, 2 different types of melted, gooey cheese and packed with flavor. This spinach dip will keep you and your guests coming back for more!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed, chopped (1 box)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts chopped, (canned but not marinated)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until softened and translucent, but do not let it brown. Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds until aromatic.
Add the flour to the skillet and stir. Cook for another minute to remove the raw flour taste.
Whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the chopped spinach and artichoke hearts to the skillet and stir them in. Cook for a couple minutes until the spinach and aritchoke warm up.
Add the Parmesan cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, tabasco, salt and pepper to the skillet and stir everything together. Cook for 2 more minutes until the mixture is hot. Remove from heat.
Top the skillet with the Monterey Jack cheese and let it rest for 2 minutes until the cheese melts a bit.
Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- Your dip should last 3-4 days in the refrigerator; it's important to keep it chilled and not left out after eating.
- As for freezing - dairy-based dips made with sour cream, cream cheese or other dairy products do not typically freeze well. In my opinion, this dip is so simple and quick to make you won't have to freeze it for a later date.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 927mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10090IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 521mg | Iron: 2mg