This Shrimp Ceviche recipe consists of cool, tasty shrimp made with chopped red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, tomato and avocado - amplified by bold, zesty citrus juices. Ready in 20 minutes and utterly delicious.
- 1 lb shrimp precooked, peeled and devined if needed, roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- tortilla chips for serving
In a large bowl add the shrimp, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and avocado. Toss well.
Pour the lemon, lime and orange juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything well.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving. Serve with tortillas.
- Nutritional information does not include tortilla chips.
- Because the shrimp is marinated in lime juice, your ceviche can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days in the fridge. That being said, ceviche does NOT freeze very well so eat it as soon as possible.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 787mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 526IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2mg