Caprese Salad is guaranteed to become a favorite in your home. 10 minutes is all you need to make this gorgeous layered salad made of soft mozzarella, sweet basil, and juicy tomatoes.
- 4 medium tomatoes ripe, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
Arrange salad by layer layering slices of tomatoes alternating them with mozzarella slices and basil leaves, on a large, shallow platter.
Drizzle the salad with olive oil, balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Leftovers: This recipe is definitely best enjoyed fresh, but you can still eat it the next day if there are some leftovers. I wouldn't keep it any longer than that, as the tomatoes and basil will begin to become soggy.
- Make ahead: If you want to make this salad ahead of time, simply slice the tomatoes and cheese. Assemble the salad right before serving. It is so easy to throw together! Sometimes I will slice up a tomato, a few slices of cheese, and just have a single-serving salad with my dinner or lunch.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1264IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 392mg | Iron: 1mg