Garlic Butter Shrimp
This Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is the easiest, most flavor packed shrimp all done in one skillet and under 15 minutes. Serve it over rice or pasta or with crostini as an appetizer.
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb large shrimp shelled and deveined
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed, from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
Cook Garlic: Melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until it becomes aromatic.
Add Shrimp: Add the shrimp and arrange in the skillet. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp turns pink then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Finish & Serve: Drizzle lemon juice over the shrimp and toss. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve while warm.
- Mise en place - prepare all your ingredients before starting to cook because the shrimp cooks quickly so you want to make sure everything is ready to add to the skillet when needed. But no worries, all you really have to do is chop your parsley and mince your garlic.
- Use fresh uncooked large/jumbo shrimp for this recipe. I prefer to remove the tails, but for a better presentation, leave the tails on. You can buy shrimp that are already deveined and shelled.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice, not the fake stuff.
- Keep an eye on your shrimp, you don’t want to overcook them and make them rubbery!
- In the fridge, the shrimp will keep for 3 – 4 days in an airtight container, so feel free to make them ahead of time!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 331mg | Sodium: 1182mg | Potassium: 113mg | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 2.6mg