Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
This Pan Roasted Chicken And Vegetable recipe looks as if it took hours of arduous work to put together, but with these simple ingredients you can have a delicious meal prepped in mere minutes. Juicy chicken paired with exquisite, roasted brussels sprouts, potatoes and carrots. Baked in a single pan, it doesn't get much better and easier than this.
- 3/4 lb brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 lb red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 lb chicken pieces bone in, skin on, thighs, breasts, drumsticks
Preheat the oven to 475 F degrees.
In a large bowl, toss together the brussels sprouts, potatoes, carrots, garlic, 1 tbsp of the Italian seasoning, the vegetable oil, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
In another small bowl combine the melted butter with remaining tbsp of Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
Place the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet or roasting pan. Place the chicken skin side up on top of the vegetables, making sure the breast pieces are in the center and leg and thighs around the edges of the baking sheet.
Brush the chicken pieces with the butter mixture and pour the rest over everything.
Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking. Cook until the drumsticks/thighs register at 175 F degrees.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Toss the vegetables in the pan juices then serve with the chicken.
- It's important to make sure you cool your leftover roast chicken and store it in the fridge as quickly as you can, typically 1-2 hours after cooking is the maximum you can leave it out before bacteria growth. Leftovers will last about 2-3 days in the fridge. Make sure to keep your cooked chicken away from raw meat and use it up within that time frame!
- To reheat, put your left over chicken and vegetables in an oven-safe dish, cover it, and roast in the oven for 25 minutes at 350° or if your prefer, you can just pop it on a plate and reheat it in the microwave for 2-5 minutes.
Calories: 667kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 1173mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8895IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 4mg