Spaghetti and Meatballs
Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs - A traditional dish with incredible flavor. This recipe includes how to get the most tender, moist meatballs and a homemade marinara sauce - classic Italian comfort food, made easy.
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until it's al dente. Drain but reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together until well combined. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Wet your hands with water as needed to keep the meat mixture from sticking, this also makes it easier to roll the meatblls. You should end up with about 35 meatballs, depending on size.
Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Add the marinara sauce to a large pot or skillet and bring to a simmer. Remove half the sauce and toss with cooked spaghetti.
Add the meatballs into the remaining sauce and toss. Reduce the heat to simmer the meatballs for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve the meatballs over spaghetti, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and garnished with parsley or basil.
- Recipe will yield about 35 meatballs, depending on size of meatballs.
- Meatballs can be made a day in advance and cooked up to 24 hours later - just make sure to cover and store in the fridge. You can also cook your meatballs beforehand and refrigerate for up to three days before reheating.
- Meatballs can also be stored in the freezer! They will last for up to a month when frozen raw - just form your balls and keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for convenient use. You can also do this with your homemade marinara sauce.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, pop in the microwave or skillet until heated through. You can use your leftover meatballs and sauce for meatball subs the next day!
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 1462mg | Potassium: 931mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 5mg