Creamy Cheese Sauce
An exquisite, Creamy Cheese Sauce made with cheddar cheese - perfect over nachos, pasta, potatoes and steamed vegetables.
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper ground
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese mild or sharp
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
Whisk in the salt and pepper. Gradually add in milk about 1/4 cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Continue to cook and whisk until slightly thick.
Remove the saucepan from heat. Add in the chedder cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and is smooth.
- Recipe yields about 2 cups.
- Nutritional information is per 1/4 cup.
- Serve over pasta (to make mac and cheese), steamed broccoli, baked potatoes.
- Store your cheese sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 1mg