A hearty Vegetable Soup recipe made with an array of veggies and an Italian tomato broth seasoned to perfection. Made in one pot, this soup screams comfort!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz cauliflower florets cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup corn thawed if frozen
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp vegetable buillon powder or vegeta
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
Saute the Mirepoix: Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery to the pot and cook until softened, stirring ocassionally, for about 5 minutes.
Combine the base of the soup: Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, corn, diced tomates, Italian seasoning, kidney beans, bay leave, lemon juice, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, vegetable buillon powder and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
Finish the soup: Remove the bay leaf. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Properly stored, your leftover vegetable soup will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- To reheat leftovers, heat in your microwave or back on the stove top until heated through.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1465mg | Potassium: 892mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3352IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 5mg