Spaghetti Carbonara - My rendition of the traditional Italian pasta dish. The easiest pasta to make with just 5 ingredients! Ready in only 15 min, this carbonara is loaded with Parmesan cheese and savorous crisp bacon!
- 1 pound spaghetti uncooked
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
Cook Pasta - Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of water, then drain the rest.
Make Egg Mixture - In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs and cheese together. Set aside.
Cook Bacon - In a large skillet or Dutch oven cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until aromatic.
Combine Ingredients - Add the cooked pasta to the Dutch oven and toss. Remove from heat and add the egg mixture to the pasta and toss well. Add the reserved pasta water if needed and season with pepper.
Garnish & Serve - Garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve while warm.
- Store leftover carbonara sealed in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
- It is best to reheat your leftovers over the stove, not in the microwave. Toss leftover spaghetti carbonara in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until heated through. This way you can reheat your sauce gently without causing it to seperate.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 2mg