Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta - The ultimate combination of two comfort food favourites! Pepperoni pizza transformed into a fantastic pasta, all made in one pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 ounce pizza sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounce pasta shells large
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the tomato paste.
Add the pizza sauce, water and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the pasta and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the shells are cooked through. Turn off the heat.
Stir in the pepperoni, pepperoncini then fold in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and a few pepperoni slices.
Transfer the Dutch oven to the oven and bake for 15 minutes uncovered until the cheese has melted and lightly started to brown.
Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1066mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1456IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 2mg