Beef and Broccoli
Easy Beef and Broccoli - An Asian inspired dish that comes together in under 20 minutes! Made with tender strips of beef and fresh broccoli florets, finished with a delicious sweet and savory soy sauce glaze. It’s an easy recipe that will make you forget all about takeout!
- 3 tbsp cornstarch divided
- 1 lb flank steak or sirloin steak, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tsp Sriracha optional
Whisk together 2 tbsp of the cornstarch with 3 tbsp of water in a large bowl. To it add the sliced beef and toss it well to combine, making sure each piece of beef is covered in the cornstarch slurry.
In another bowl whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp of cornstarch with soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sriracha sauce.
Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the beef and cook until it's almost cooked through, stirring it constantly, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil in the same skillet then add the broccoli and onion and cook, stirring occassionaly, for about 4 minutes,
Return the beef to the skillet and add the prepared sauce, toss everything together. Cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until the sauce thickens sligtly.
Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
- Nutritional information does not include rice or noodles.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or back in a skillet or wok until heated through.
- To further extend the shelf life of your leftover beef with broccoli, freeze it! Freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1211mg | Potassium: 807mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg