Cheesy Potato Casserole
Cheesy Potato Casserole - Comfort food at its finest! This easy casserole is loaded with potatoes smothered in a flavorful, creamy sauce and 2 kinds of cheese.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup (1 can) or condensed cheddar soup
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes such as Yukon Gold, peeled and shredded on a grater. Or use a 32 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups potato chips plain, crushed
Preheat the oven to 350F° and grease a 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray.
Whisk the sour cream, condensed soup, 1/4 cup of the butter, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
Add the potatoes or hashbrowns to the bowl along with the cheeses. Toss everything well to coat.
Dump the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Toss the crushed potato chips with the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and sprinkle to coat the top of the casserole. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until it bubbles and browned.
- If using frozen hashbrowns check the casserole after 45 minutes.
- Store leftover casserole tightly covered, or sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 712mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 996IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 2mg