Tuna Quinoa Salad
Tuna Quinoa Salad - A light and healthy meal packed with protein. Quinoa, tuna and an array of mixed veggies are tossed in a brightly flavored, simple dressing.
- 1/3 cup olive oil regular or extra virgin
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3/4 cup quinoa dried
- 6 oz tuna drained (2 cans)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 15 oz chickpeas (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Allow it to cool down fully in the fridge.
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl or mixing cup and set aside.
Add the cooled quinoa and remaining salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour the prepared dressing into the bowl and toss everything well. Taste for seasoning.
- Store your quinoa salad covered tightly or in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 4mg