Asian Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Lettuce Wraps are extremely simple to make! Featuring seasoned ground meat piled in a crisp leaf of butter lettuce. Customizable with the toppings of your choice, this dinner is quick and easy - with only one pan to clean!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil regular or toasted
- 1 lb ground chicken or ground turkey, extra lean ground beef
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up as you go until it's fully cooked, 3-5 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet. Stir and cook for 30 seconds, or until aromatic. Mix in the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, and half the green onion. Stir well and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Break leaves off the butter lettuce. Wash the leaves and dry them well. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into your lettuce cup, and top with peanuts and some of the remaining fresh green onion.
- Store leftover filling in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 820mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1433IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg