Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
This Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta combines the spice and boldness we know and love from the classic sizzling fajita with penne pasta, and transforms into an ultra flavorful dish that's ready in a flash!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped into strips
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2.5 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1 lb penne uncooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, for garnish
Cook the Chicken: Turn your Instant Pot onto the sauté setting and add 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Once heated, add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken begins to brown. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
Add Ingredients: Add the remaining olive oil to the pot along with the onion and bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic. Stir and cook for 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
Season: Add the chicken back to the pot. Stir in the fajita seasoning, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape up the bottom of the pot if needed. Stir in the penne.
Cook: Secure the Instant Pot lid and make sure the knob is set to SEAL. Cook for 4 minutes on high pressure.
Finish: Quick release the pressure by turning the knob on the lid from SEAL to VENT. Stir in the sour cream and cheese. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
Garnish and Serve: Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Store leftovers sealed tightly in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 911mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg