Taco Stuffed Pepper Casserole
This Taco Stuffed Pepper Casserole is a quick and easy meal, perfect for any night of the week! Deconstructed stuffed peppers, flavored with bold taco seasoning, topped with ooey-gooey cheese - made all in one pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup long grain rice I used basmati
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa
- 14 ounce diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
Cook the Beef: Heat the olive oil in a large braiser or skillet with a fitting lid. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it us as you go, until no longer pink.
Add Ingredients: Add the onion and bell peppers to the skillet and cook until softened. Stir garlic, rice, and taco seasoning, then cook for another minute.
Cook: Pour the salsa, diced tomatoes, and beef broth into the skillet and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover with skillet with a lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Finish & Serve: Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Top the casserole with cheese, and let it melt, with the lid on, for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and tomatoes to serve.
- Store leftovers covered in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1680mg | Potassium: 1260mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2294IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 319mg | Iron: 5mg