Crispy Chicken Cutlets
Crispy Chicken Cutlets - Chicken breasts are sliced, pounded, breaded with a flavorful panko bread crumb coating and pan-fried until crisp and juicy!
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, for serving
Prep the Chicken: With your knife parallel to the cutting board and one hand firm on top of a chicken breast, carefully slice it in half. Repeat with the other breast.
Pound the Chicken: Place a chicken cutlet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound until its about 1/4" thick. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Make the Dredges: Grab 3 shallow plates or bowls. In the first, mix the flour with the garlic powder and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs with the dijon mustard and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in the second bowl. Finally, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and remaining salt and pepper in the third bowl.
Coat the Cutlets: Grab a chicken cutlet and dredge it in flour to coat fully, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture. Set it aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining cutlets.
Cook: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cutlets. If you can't fit them all, do this in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Serve: Serve the cutlets with fresh lemon wedges for squeezing.
- Keep leftover chicken cutlets refrigerated in airtight containers for 3-4 days.
- You can also freeze your leftover breaded cutlets for 1-3 months.
- If you want to reheat your leftovers and keep that crispiness, reheat them in the oven at 400F until desired crispness.
Serving: 1cutlet | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 218IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 3mg