These Chicken Enchiladas will soon become your new favorite recipe! Using only a handful of simple ingredients, these enchiladas are packed with lots of flavor!
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 15 oz black beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 12 medium flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp cilantro freshly chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350F.
Make the Base: Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and cream cheese to a skillet over medium heat. Whisk until smooth, then mix in the chicken and black beans.
Make the Enchiladas: Spread another cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the mixture, and place it into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken.
Finish Assembling: Top the tortillas with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce and top with cheese.
Bake & Serve: Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and serve.
- Make sure to fully cool your leftover chicken enchiladas before storing. Keep in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You can reheat your chicken enchiladas in the microwave for 20-30 second intervals or you can reheat in the oven, covered, at 325F for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Serving: 1enchilada | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 664mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 692IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 2mg