Honey Beer Bread
This moist and delicious Honey Beer Bread is a simple quick bread that requires no yeast, no kneading and no waiting - it can't get any easier!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 12 oz beer lager, one bottle
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, melted
Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Mix Ingredients: Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Pour the beer and honey into the mixing bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon just until you see no flour.
Finish: Add half the butter into a 9"x5" loaf pan and spread around the pan evenly. Pour the batter into the pan, then spoon the remaining butter over the top of the batter.
Bake: Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top of the loaf turns golden and a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the loaf comes out clean.
- Don't over mix! Quick bread is the type of bread you don't want to over mix. Only mix until the ingredients are combined or else it will become DENSE! We are aiming for light and airy!
- Let it cool! Allow the bread to cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it! Use a serrated knife for easy cutting.
- Leftovers: Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week!
- Freezing: To freeze, tightly wrap the loaf in plastic wrap, then in foil. It will last 2-3 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg