These Chicken Taquitos can be baked or fried and require just a small list of simple ingredients to make! Crunchy and delicious, you’ll be dreaming of this crispy snack!
- 2 cups chicken cooked & shredded
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 12 small flour tortillas use corn if you prefer
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil for frying
Mix the chicken in a large bowl with the chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cheese.
Scoop ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of a tortilla. Starting from the bottom, roll the tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick (if you're baking the taquitos, skip the toothpick). Repeat with remaining chicken and tortillas.
Option 1: Fry: Fill a skillet ½" up with vegetable oil. Heat to 350°F over medium heat. Use a pair of tongs to add the taquitos to the skillet, working in batches, and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the taquitos to a wire rack to cool down for a few minutes.
Option 2: Bake: Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the taquitos on the sheet, seam-side-down. Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Nutritional information is per baked taquito.
- You can buy a pre-cooked chicken from your grocery store and shred it to save time!
- Leftovers: You can store your leftover taquitos for up to 3 days sealed in an airtight container.
- Reheating: Warm in the microwave, or reheat in the oven to maintain the crispness before eating.
- Freezing: Store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months. Let thaw and reheat in the oven.
Serving: 1taquito | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 2mg