A simple Roasted Asparagus recipe elevated with garlic and fresh lemon! Made with just a handful of ingredients, you can achieve the perfect roasted side dish in under 30 minutes.
- 1 pound asparagus 1 bunch, with the ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prep Asparagus: Add the asparagus to the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil, then sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, and pepper, over the asparagus. Use your hands to toss the asparagus to disperse everything evenly. Spread the asparagus out in an even layer.
Roast: Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and crisped to your preference.
Finish & Serve: Drizzle the lemon juice over the asparagus and serve.
- As vegetables cook, they tend to release moisture, therefore when placed too close together, they can become soggy! To keep your roasted asparagus brown and crisp, they need some space to breathe!
- Refrigerate leftover roasted asparagus in a shallow, airtight container or resealable plastic bags. Properly stored, your roasted asparagus will last for 3-5 days in the fridge!
- You can reheat leftovers in the microwave or you can preheat your oven to 400°F and spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet. Toss them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake until heated through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg