Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Deliciously Baked Chicken Drumsticks made with a simple dry rub. Crispy, juicy and tender, this is the perfect easy dinner for those busy weeknights!
- 2 ½ - 3 lbs chicken drumsticks about 8 drumsticks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar packed
Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Coat Chicken: Pat dry the chicken drumsticks with paper towels. Arrange the drumsticks in a 9x13" baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the drumsticks and use your hands to mix them around and coat each one evenly with the oil.
Dry Rub Time: Whisk the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl. Generously sprinkle the dry up over the drumsticks on each side.
Bake & Serve: Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 165°F. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Do not skip patting dry the drumsticks, this will result in crispier skin.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken is done. It's the best way to make sure the drumsticks are cooked through. Chicken drumsticks are cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165°F, but personally I like mine a little more done, more like 185°F.
- Experiment with your favorite spices, don't be shy.
- Let your chicken drumsticks properly cool before storing them in an airtight container. Your leftover chicken will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge!
- To freeze, place the drumsticks on a baking sheet and allow to freeze till frozen through, then place the drumsticks in a freezer bag or an airtight container and store in the freezer for 4-6 months.
Serving: 1drumstick | Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg