Quick Chicken Peanut Noodles
These Quick Chicken Peanut Noodles are absolutely packed with wildly bold flavors, thus resulting in sauce-drenched noodles that are amazingly delicious.
- 14 oz udon noodles pre-cooked (2 packages)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pepper or ground peppercorns
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 5 green onions chopped, white parts separated from green
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp peanut butter smooth
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Warm Noodles: Remove the udon noodles from the package and place them in a pot with boiling water. Add the noodles and let them soak for a minute. Use tongs to shake them apart gently. Drain and set aside.
Heat Spices: Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium heat. Add the pepper, sriracha, and star anise. Cook for about a minute until fragrant, about a minute. Add the garlic, the white part of the green onions, and the ginger, then stir everything around and cook for about 30 seconds.
Cook Chicken: Increase the heat to high, and add the ground chicken. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through. Stir in the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and vinegar. Continue simmering for another 5 minutes. Remove and discard the star anise.
Thicken the sauce: Stir in the cornstarch slurry and simmer for another minute. Toss in the noodles and remove from heat. Drizzle the sesame oil and toss.
Plate: Garnish with the green part of the green onions and serve.
- Don't be afraid to mix this dish up with different proteins!
- Add your favorite veggies. For instance, green peppers, leeks, celery, and broccoli work well.
- These noodles are best served piping hot!
- Store leftover quick chicken peanut noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, just pop it in the microwave or back in a skillet/wok until heated through.
- If you want to keep this dish longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 1 month, just keep in mind it may lose its quality and is best served fresh.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 741kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1880mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg