Asian Style Pepper Steak
Using simple, fresh ingredients, this easy Asian Style Pepper Steak dinner can be on your dinner table in 25 minutes tops! Made entirely in one pan, tender strips of beef are stir fried with peppers and onions, coated in a delicious Asian style sauce.
- 1 pound flank steak cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 4 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper julienned
- 1 medium green bell pepper julienned
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup red wine
- ⅓ cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced or grated
Make Sauce: In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Marinade: Add the beef, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp red wine to a bowl, toss everything together and let it sit for 10 minutes to marinade.
Cook Beef: Add the peanut oil to a wok and heat over high heat. The wok needs to be quite hot before adding the beef to it. Add the beef to the hot wok and cook for about 3 min over high heat until it's lightly charred.
Cook Veggies: Push the beef to the side of the wok and add the onion and peppers and cook for about 1 minute until the vegetables start to soften a bit. Add the green onions and stir everything together.
Combine: Pour the sauce over the beef and veggies and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute until the sauce thickens a bit from the cornstarch.
Serve: Serve over cooked rice.
- When you're cutting the beef, make sure to cut against the grain which means cutting the beef 90 degrees to the direction of the fibres.
- Make sure your wok or pan is HOT before adding the beef to it.
- You can substitute the beef with your choice of protein. Chicken, pork and tofu can all be used as substitutes – just make sure you slice them into small bite-sized pieces!
- You can substitute beef broth for the red wine if you prefer.
- Your leftover pepper steak will last 3–4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container!
- If you want to keep leftovers longer, pop them into an airtight container and place in the freezer. Your leftover pepper steak will keep for 3–4 months in the freezer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 738mg | Potassium: 665mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 66.8mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2.8mg