Mushroom Pork Chops
These delicious Mushroom Pork Chops are smothered in a beautiful rich mushroom sauce. Using simple ingredients, and easy prep, this dish will delight the whole family.
- 4 pork chops thick, bone-in
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs such as Panko
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced, such as white or cremini
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Prep the oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Season the Pork Chops: Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge them through the beaten egg, then through breadcrumbs. Place in a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
Cook the Mushrooms: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until they soften and brown. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, then sprinkle with the tbsp of flour. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
Make Sauce: Add the chicken broth and heavy cream and stir everything together. Cook for 5 more minutes, the sauce should thicken a bit. Pour this sauce over the pork chops evenly. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
Finish and Serve: Transfer the casserole dish to the oven and bake for 1 ½ hours, the pork should be fork tender. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with mashed potatoes.
- Using bone-in pork chops will provide more flavor than using boneless pork chops
- Do not soak the mushrooms. Mushrooms absorb water like sponges, therefore they won’t brown nicely when cooked.
- Wrap leftovers tightly or transfer to an airtight container. Both the pork chops and mushrooms sauce will last in the fridge for 3 days!
- To extend the shelf life, I recommend freezing it! Wrap well or transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer. It will last anywhere from 4 – 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 637kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 393mg | Potassium: 873mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1347IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg