Sugar Cookie Icing
What are Sugar Cookies without Sugar Cookie Icing! This tasty and easy icing dries beautifully, and is the perfect match for your cookies.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- food coloring
Make Icing: In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, corn syrup and milk. It should be quite thick, but if it's too thick, add another 1/2 tbsp of milk, if it's too thin, add 2 more tbsp of powdered sugar.
Add Color: Stir in food coloring to reach desired color. Decorate cookies and allow icing to set.
- Recipe yields 35 tbsp, nutritional information is per tbsp.
- Always allow your cookies to cool completely before putting icing on them. Otherwise, the icing will melt.
- If light corn syrup is not available, substitute a sugar syrup made with 1 ¼ cups cups sugar plus ⅓ cup water, boiled together until syrupy.
- It's best to use your icing immediately to retain the quality and texture. However, if you want your sugar cookie icing to last longer - freeze it!
- Place the icing in an airtight freezer bag, getting all air out and store for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 1mg