Creamy Parmesan Chicken With Mushrooms
This one skillet Creamy Parmesan Chicken With Mushrooms is the perfect weeknight dinner! Made in just 30 minutes, this easy recipe hosts tender chicken breasts in a creamy tomato parmesan mushroom sauce.
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced horizontally, or 4 smaller breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth low sodium
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
Season Chicken: Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Cook Chicken: Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until browned. Once the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, transfer it to a plate.
Cook Mushrooms: In the same skillet and the remaining butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms start to brown. Stir in the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Add Ingredients: Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until well combined and smooth, scraping the brown bits from the bottom. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
Finish & Serve: Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and cook for another 3 minutes or until the chicken reheats. Spoon some of the creamy mushroom sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
- I used white mushrooms in this dish, but you can use whichever type you like best. Heartier varieties like cremini or shiitake work best.
- Do not soak the mushrooms. Mushrooms absorb water like sponges, therefore they won’t brown nicely when cooked.
- I used chicken breast here, but you can use meatballs, or even pork tenderloin, cut into slices or pieces. If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, skip the meat and just use mushrooms! I’ve tried many variations and I have to say I can’t pick a favorite, they’re all delicious!
- Store leftover creamy parmesan chicken with mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- You can also store leftovers in the freezer! Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and store in the freezer for 4-6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1mg