Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Chocolate Chip Muffins are a traditional favorite in any family and this recipe does not disappoint! Made from scratch and with such easy steps, these muffins are perfect for any on-the-go breakfast or even as a snack.
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter unsalted, softened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
Prep the oven: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
Mix the dry ingredients: To a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Mix the wet ingredients: In another bowl add the butter and vegetable oil. Mix until the sugar is pale, using either a stand mixer or hand mixer. To the sugar bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix until combined. Mix in the milk and sour cream.
Combine your batter: Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix using the paddle attachment until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in with a spatula.
Divide and bake: Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups, and sprinkle more chocolate chips over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes then reduce the temperature to 400°F and continue baking for another 10 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. They should have a nice dome.
Cool and serve: Transfer muffins to a wire rack and let cool.
- Over mixing your batter will lead to muffins that are dense and chewy and we are not looking for that. A lumpy batter means light and airy muffins.
- You can use your favorite chocolate chips in these muffins, but you can also add so much more, like pecans, walnuts or your favorite type of nuts.
- To test and see when your muffin is ready without piercing your muffin, poke the top of the dome. If it springs back the muffin is done!
- Whole milk can be used in place of evaporated milk! We just want something with a high fat content for lots of moisture.
- The best way to store your chocolate chip muffins is to place them into a sealable bag and leave them at room temperature. This will keep them fresh for up to 3 days.
- Freezing any kind of muffin is pretty easy! Just wrap your muffins in aluminum foil, place them in a large freezer bag, or airtight container, and they will last up to 3 months. When it comes time to reheat, just simply place them in the microwave for a minute or until heated through.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 321IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg