French Toast Recipe
This French Toast is the ideal breakfast or brunch! Ready in minutes, this French Toast features thick slices of bread soaked in an egg and cinnamon mixture and fried to perfection! Perfect for any occasion!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 slices bread thick sliced such as Challah, Brioche or Texas Toast
Form the egg mixture: In a shallow bowl beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon together.
Preheat skillet: Preheat your skillet over medium-low heat and melt in 2 tbsp of butter.
Soak the bread: Take each slice of bread and dip it into the egg mixture, and allow the bread to soak up some of the mixture. Add 2 or 3 slices of bread into the skillet or as many as you can fit and fry the bread until brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining bread slices, adding more butter to the skillet as necessary.
Finish the dish: Serve hot with butter, maple syrup and fresh berries.
- One of the most important things that can really enhance your toast is the syrup. If you’re going to go all out and get good quality bread for this recipe, definitely splurge on some real maple syrup as well.
- A skillet, seasoned cast iron, or griddle are the best options for making French toast as it allows our bread to crisp up perfectly and evenly.
- Make sure the eggs and milk are fresh so you can get the best results when you cook everything.
- Store the remaining French toast in the fridge either sealed in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 days. Keep in mind it may get soggy.
- Make sure your leftovers are cooled down, then stack each piece with a layer of parchment paper between each slice. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. You can reheat in the microwave or the toaster when ready to eat.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg