These creamy Mashed Potatoes are the best fluffiest and smoothest mashed potatoes! Extremely easy to make and ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes!
- 4 lbs potatoes Yukon Gold or Russet
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper black or white
Peel and cut the potatoes in equal size pieces so that they all cook at the same time. Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with cold water. Make sure there is enough water to fully cover the potatoes. Add about 1 tsp of salt to the water and stir.
Cook uncovered about 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Heat the milk on the stove top or in the microwave until warm, but not boiling hot.
Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a bowl. Add the butter and begin mashing using a potato masher. Pour in the milk and continue mashing until you reach the desired consistency.
Season with salt and pepper and serve while warm.
- Store leftover mashed potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- You can also freeze them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 10 months.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 976mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 25.8mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 7.3mg