These delectable little Meatloaf Muffins are a great way to have all the amazing taste of a meatloaf dinner, without the cooking time typically needed. Try these for an exceptional kid-friendly meal!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup divided
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep and preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with melted butter. Set aside.
Sauté the vegetables: In a large skillet heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds or until aromatic.
Mix the Ingredients: In a bowl add the cooked onion and garlic, the beef, breadcrumbs, ½ cup of the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, egg, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Fill the muffin tins: Divide the mixture equally into the 12 muffin cups.
Finish and bake: Top each meatloaf with a bit of the leftover ketchup. Transfer the muffin pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. The internal temperature of the muffins should reach 160°F when cooked through.
Cool and Serve: Let the muffins rest for about 5 minutes and serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.
- Always top it with that extra sauce, whether it’s ketchup or your favorite barbecue sauce, it will add acidity and cut the fat a bit. It also helps to keep in the moisture.
- Try topping them with a little grated cheddar cheese for an additional touch of yumminess.
- Allow to cool completely and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Meatloaf muffins freeze extremely well. Wrap the mini meatloafs tightly with plastic wrap, then in foil and freeze.
Serving: 2muffins | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg