These Rugelach Cookies are flaky, buttery and delicious little morsels. The perfect holiday cookie! Make them once and you'll be adding them to your best cookies list!
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter unsalted and cold, margarine can be used as well
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup apricot jam or raspberry jam
- ½ cup white chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
Make the dough: Place the flour in a mixing bowl and with 2 knives cut in the butter or margarine till the mixture resembles small peas. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla till the dough holds together. On your floured work surface knead the dough about 10 times, just until it comes together. Do not over knead.
Prep and refrigerate: Divide the dough into 3 pieces and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Prep: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll and assemble cookies: Roll one piece of the dough at a time into 10 inch circles. This is like making pizza. Spread the dough with 2 tbsp of jam and sprinkle with one third of the chopped white chocolate. Using a pizza cutter cut the dough into 12 wedges. Starting at curved edge, roll up each wedge and place point-side down, on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Make the topping: In a small bowl stir together the sugar and cinnamon if desired and sprinkle over each cookie. If you are trying to cut back on sugar, you can omit this step.
Bake and serve: Transfer the baking sheets to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 min or until light golden brown.
- Recipe yields 36 cookies.
- To prevent sticking, freeze cookies first or a few hours on a covered baking sheet and then place in a bag or container.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped pecans for an added crunch.
- Store rugelach cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for 3-4 months.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg