Coca Cola Chicken Wings
These Coca Cola Chicken Wings are not only baked, but they are finger-licking delicious and addicting! The ultimate wings should be sticky, a little sweet, have a touch of spiciness, and best of all juicy and absolutely delicious. Well, these are all of that and more. If you haven't tried these yet, you'll be pleasantly surprised by this perfect appetizer.
- 2 pounds chicken wings pat dry
- ¾ cups coca cola
- ¼ cup soy sauce reduced sodium
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh, chopped
Prepare and Marinade Chicken: In a bowl whisk all the ingredients together except the chicken wings, and then add the chicken wings. You should have enough marinade so that it covers the chicken, if not, just add more coke. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade for 2 to 6 hours. I marinated mine overnight.
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silpat.
Bake the Wings: Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Prepare Sauce: Take the remaining marinade and cook it in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it reduces and thickens. It will start to reduce and thicken in about 5 to 10 minutes. Once it has thickened, remove from heat.
Finish Wings and Garnish: Once wings are done, brush wings with sauce, garnish with chives or green onions if preferred and serve.
- Never use diet Coke in this recipe as it just doesn't seem to work the same.
- To save some time, buy pre-cut wingettes and drumettes.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- You can also freeze these baked coca cola chicken wings separately on a baking sheet till frozen through before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight before heating back up in the oven when ready to eat.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 631mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg