Roasted Butternut Squash
This unbelievably simple Roasted Butternut Squash is incredibly delicious using only a couple ingredients. It's a great Fall vegetable that is sweet and nutty, with full-flavored orange fleshy pulp. Any dinner would love to invite this side dish along!
- 1 large butternut squash about 3 pounds, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Prepare squash: Place the cubed squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss everything together well then arrange in a single layer.
Bake: Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender, turning the squash over half way through.
- Pre-cut either raw or cooked squash and freeze so you always have a great side vegetable on hand.
- Don't throw out the seeds. You can roast butternut squash seeds.
- For an even more complex flavor profile, try adding a dash of cayenne pepper when seasoning your squash.
- Butternut squash is a healthy carb, it's a naturally healthy vegetable, so go ahead, enjoy this guilt free!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 1171mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 19934IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg