Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Bites that are sticky, sweet and garlicky, perfect to serve over rice. Chicken pieces are dusted in cornstarch, fried to a crispy perfection, then tossed in with an epic honey garlic sauce!
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chicken broth low sodium
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley for garnish
Prep the chicken. Toss the chicken cubes with the cornstarch well so that each piece is fully coated in cornstarch.
Cook the chicken. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Make the sauce. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the garlic, red pepper flakes, honey, chicken broth, salt and pepper and whisk.
Toss everything together. Pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken in the skillet and turn down the heat to low. Toss everything together and continue cooking for a couple more minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together.
Garnish and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately over rice or with a side of steamed veggies.
- Make sure to cut 1-inch chicken pieces that are equal in size. This will ensure they cook at the same time and within the 7 minutes as instructed.
- Don't overcrowd the chicken pieces in the pan, or they will not crisp up. Cook in batches if your skillet or pan isn't big enough.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Freeze this stored in airtight containers for up to 3 months!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 369IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg