This Cabbage Soup is a hearty, healthy and delicious vegetable soup that's easy to make, tastes incredible and it's ready in 45 minutes! Eat as much as you want, guilt-free!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots shredded or chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded or chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes 1 can
- 8 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon parsley for garnish
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Ad the onion, carrots, celery, garlic cabbage, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper ad stir. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until the onions and cabbage softens.
Add in the diced tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serving assumes about 2 cups of soup.
Store leftover soup in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1262mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3410IU | Vitamin C: 29.7mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.1mg