Easy Meatloaf Recipe
A traditional classic Easy Meatloaf Recipe! This meatloaf is tender, juicy and really flavorful! It's satisfying and extremely easy to make!
- 1 medium onion grated, or finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs I used Panko
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small carrot shredded or finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce
Heat oven: Heat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet or a baking dish with aluminum foil.
Prepare meatloaf mixture: Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well using your clean hands. Do not over mix the ingredients to avoid creating a dense loaf.
Shape loaf: Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the prepared baking sheet or baking dish. Shape it into a loaf roughly 9 inches by 5 inches. If using a loaf pan, just pat the meatloaf mixture into the pan.
Add ketchup: Spread 1/4 cup of the ketchup mixture over the meatloaf and reserve the other 1/4 cup for later.
Bake: Bake the meatloaf for 45 minutes, then spread with the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup.
Bake the loaf for another 10 to 15 minutes (about 1 hour total), until the middle of the loaf registers at least 155°F on an instant-read thermometer.
Cool before slicing: Let the loaf cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. If you baked your meatloaf in a loaf pan, carefully drain off the liquid fat before transferring the meatloaf to a cutting board. Cut into thick slices and serve.
- Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- You can also freeze it, either in individual slices, wrapped up tightly in plastic wrap or wrap up the whole loaf tightly in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped up slices or loaf into a large freezer bag and freeze.
Serving: 1thick slice | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 3.5mg