Buttermilk Parmesan Biscuits
Buttermilk Parmesan Biscuits are everything you never knew you needed in a biscuit. Full of sharp, cheesy flavor, with lots of fluffy, flaky layers - these biscuits are a delicacy all of their own!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter unsalted, cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
Prepare the oven and pan: Preheat your oven to 450 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Parmesan and salt.
Add the Butter: Grate the butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
Add the butter milk: Stir using a rubber spatula until it forms into a soft dough.
Form your biscuits: Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut into biscuits using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet; place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove biscuits from freezer.
Bake: Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze you can either freeze them before or after baking. If you bake them first, let them cool completely, then transfer them to a freezer plastic bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 161mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1.4mg