Easy Hamburger Soup
This Easy Hamburger Soup is about to enter your weekly rotation, it's packed full of flavor and hearty ingredients, freezes terrifically, and is super affordable!
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 28 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute the sauteables: In a large Dutch oven or soup pot add the ground beef, onion, garlic, celery, carrots and cook until the meat is browned and the onion has softened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Combine the soup: Add the potatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together until combined.
Finish the dish: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Store leftover soup in airtight containers and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. It will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge or 4 to 6 months in the freezer.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2301IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 5mg